Tuesday, October 26

The re-use part of the 3 Rs

It's frustrating, when you look at clothing catalogs and say "ooh! that's so cute . . . . and a bazillion dollars" (I'm looking at you, J.Crew and anthropologie!) I love their clothes. Love them. I do. But I'm fresh out of college, don't have two dimes to rub together, and (sometimes) I feel bad asking my parents to buy clothes for me. Particularly if these clothes aren't for any future job I may obtain, but just some fun t-shirt. 

Which leads to either selling my organs on the black market (which probably wouldn't end well for me) or finding some other creative solution. Hence, my post on my other blog the historian about this amazing tutorial I found via say YES! to hoboken, that creates graphic t-shirts using freezer paper.

The great thing about crafting is that you can use things you have around the house, like freezer paper, fabric paint, and an old t-shirt that needs a bit of a boost. The thing that I like best about being "green" is that it helps you think outside the box, finding new ways to re-purpose things, from left-overs to clothing, to building materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lightbulb?