Friday, August 6

Cooking Shows A-go-go!

As was just made evident, The Mad Food Beastie has this sort of creative-food thing that a lot of chefs have. She can sort of look at a bunch of ingredients, come up with something to cook, and if she can't come up with the recipe herself, she knows just where to look to find it.

I cannot do this. At all.

I need recipes, inspiration from someone else. Any recipe I post here will be someone else's, and I will post due credit for it. As a result of my utter lack of cooking genesis, I love cooking shows. Here are some of my favorites, that I feel also advocate our goals.

Jamie at Home:

I love Jamie at Home. I could listen to him talk all day. But he also creates recipes that I think always look tasty, and very local/home-grown. Today, I watched his onions episode, which was not only hilarious, but gave me two great recipes that I want to try. And you all will know when I do!



Giada at Home is also great--if you can't tell, chefs at home is a thing for me. I want to see what they would cook for themselves, on an everyday basis. Because gourmet-esque food is delicious and spectacular, but not necessarily what I want to eat everyday (and invariably generates a bunch of dishes I don't want to clean, either).

Barefoot Contessa. duh.


And this isn't really healthy. BUT! This is a part of indulgence category. IF you're going to eat something unhealthy (and you will, let's be serious) eat something fantastic, decadent, and something that sounds delicious-exactly what you wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lightbulb?