Friday, August 27

From the Bar: Beer!

So, I love beer. I really do. Ask the Food Beastie, it's really true. My preference is for the Belgian pale ales and Hefeweizens* So, here are some of my favorite beers. Natch.


1) Guinness on tap. not bottled, and sure as hell not canned. Tap. Draft. It's not the same, that shocker ball whatever is total crap. Don't be fooled!

source: here

 2) Hoegaarden. (pronounced "who-garden" if you're being snooty) light, citrus-y, and delicious, it's like Blue Moon, except you don't have to add oranges.


source: here
3) Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest Marzen. The King of all Oktoberfest beers, my friends. The Food Beastie and I drank this in our college dive bar one Friday night when they'd run out of Sam Adams Oktoberfest. This beer knocked it out of the park. In fact, it is THE original Oktoberfest beer from one of the oldest breweries in Germany (established in the 15th century). 


Source: here


now drink up! and remember:


"Good people drink good beer"
-Hunter S. Thompson


 
*funny side note: obviously spell check catches that. it's suggested word? Citizenship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lightbulb?